Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Enjoy the Moment




The other day I was reading a book by Elisabeth Elliot, in which she shared something that I really appreciated. She quoted her deceased husband Jim, and said, "Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."
That is one of my greatest joys of being a wife and a mother ~ knowing that being at home with my children IS God's will for me. God's Word clearly shows me that I am where God wants me to be...
Titus 2:5 says, "Younger women (are) to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home."
I don't go into a day or week wondering if this is what God really wants me to be doing with my life at this stage. I am thankful to God for that clarity and confidence ~ "the world" will not usually validate my role as a "stay at home mom" so I need to find the confidence in God and His Word.
Once we know that home is where we need to be, then it is up to each of us to carefully use that time AND also enjoy that time.
Today my three year old wanted to do puzzles and I was very happy that my day allowed for time to enjoy that with him. What a privilege when our children are young, that they want to be with us! I love that...and I intend to enjoy as many moments as I can! I hope you can do the same, while enjoying the confidence you are in God's will for your life!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to a newly implemented schedule, I feel like this has become much more of a priority for me - thank-you :)

    ReplyDelete