Monday, March 8, 2010

Sufficient Grace


What do your overwhelming circumstances look like? Mine seem to vary depending on energy levels and expectations for the day - but one thing always remains the same, every once in a while I get overwhelmed.
I was feeling a little bit of that yesterday and the Lord brought to mind a wonderful truth...
II Cor.12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, (WHY?) for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Ultimately, if the Holy Spirit is dwelling in us, then no matter how big the pile of laundry, or how sick the child, or how large the bill, God's grace is sufficient. That means it is all we need.
That verse even tells us why His grace is sufficient, because those are God's opportunities to make His power perfect, in our weakness.
God's operating system is reverse to the world's and this is no exception; when we are weak, tired, run down or overwhelmed, it is God's opportunity to be strong.
SO, let's allow Him to be and do all we need, starting today!

1 comment:

  1. =)
    ...you don't even know how proud I am of you for putting this picture on your blog!!! I LOVE it! I'm sure you made it through the pile and accomplished much more too.
    Love, Taryn
    ps. I see the radio flyer blankie in there!!

    ReplyDelete