Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Discouraged Conqueror


What do we do when we don't "feel" like or "see" the reality of being a conqueror?  Well, fortunately the Lord allowed me to experience it first hand so I would have something fresh to share (ha ha).  I have heard it said that we should watch what we share because we could be tested on it, and I found that to be true 98% of the time, which sometimes makes me wonder why I keep writing, but anyway...

In less than twenty-four hours after sharing about being MORE than conquerors, I woke to realize that I was feeling very overwhelmed.  We had said goodbye to company and I found myself with four beds to change, seven loads of laundry to fold, a son that needed a ride for the evening, a family that needed to eat, to say nothing of the other chores that were required just to accomplish the basics of life and tidying up.  The temptation, of course, was to pass on my quiet time because what needed to be done seemed so huge, but I have learned through years of trial and error that these are the times I need to be quiet with God the most.  So I started my morning in the Word and a devotional I use, and listen to what God gave...

First came the scripture found in Romans 12:11&12, in the Message version, where it says, "Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame.  Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder."  It had only been a matter of hours, but I had forgotten to give this over to God for His help, and honestly I had not been feeling cheerfully expectant either.  Then, in my devotional, Faith to Faith, it said this...

       We are to live in hope.  We are to rejoice.  So, when Satan comes to steal your victory and tell you that God is not going to help you this time, you just think on the Word of God and start rejoicing.  Rejoice that you are in Him.  Rejoice that heaven is your home.  Rejoice that greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.  Rejoice.  Brag on God today.  The devil can't stand it!...When things get hard is not when you let go of the Word.  That is when you double up on it .  That is when you are constant in prayer so that you are immovable.

God is so faithful to speak to each of us and truly meet us where we are at!  I am so thankful that I took time in the Word today - I have a fresh hope for the day and a desire to rejoice; even though challenges still may come and the tasks that I have at hand have not disappeared.  I have a new "battle plan" for how to do all that needs to be done, and most importantly, I have taken it to prayer again and I will be standing on the Word and God's truth as I walk out my day rejoicing as a wife and mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment