Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Right Here, Right Now


     It was a dreary day in Walmart.  Crowded isles, pushy people and kids(mine) that would rather be anywhere but there.  For that matter, I was experiencing similar emotions -- there were a lot of other places I would rather be than at Walmart; buying the right size of underwear for my five year-old and checking out the price of deodorant for my twelve year-old.

     Then, I heard it; lyrics being sung from a song I hadn't heard in years...
     Right here, right now, 
     There is no other place I'd rather be...

     And I felt like God spoke to my heart through that secular song that was drifting through the overhead speakers.  In the "right here, right now", I had a choice:  feel sorry for myself as I wandered through Walmart OR look for the blessings in the moment and be choose to be thankful!

     I chose the thankful option.


     How often do we, as moms, wander through the "isles of daily life" and wish we were anywhere but here?  


     Maybe it's a cranky toddler or a vomiting preschooler.  Maybe it's a lack of funds and an abundance of bills to be paid.  Or maybe it's just a routine trip to the local department store.  Whatever it is, know that God is very present in every moment we experience.  God knows how we're feeling and He's able to carry us through those hard times.

     One of my favourite songs to hum and sing along with, when I was a little girl, was "He's Able"...
     He's able, He's able, I know He is able,
     I know my Lord is able to carry me through.

     So whether you walk away from your computer screen, whistling "He's Able" or "Right Here, Right Now", I hope that these thoughts linger long in the days ahead.  I hope that the take-away from this blog is that God is fully able to help us right where we are, so that regardless of the circumstances our hearts will be able to say that this is right where we want to be!

"Oh, look!  God's RIGHT HERE
helping!  God's on my side."
Psalm 54:4
   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing this Kristen. I always enjoy reading your posts. Keep them coming - From a non-Mom (Scientifically).

    ReplyDelete