Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rise Up



     There are days . . .  You know, the ones where you ask yourself, "Am I really making any difference?"  "Do my children really hear me?"  "Am I even cut out for this mothering role?"

     I already know the answers to each of those questions, even if you are wobbling in your mind today; they are Yes and Yes and YES!  In fact, somehow God in His wonderful way seems to take days that our feet feel the heaviest on and our throats a little hoarse from frustration and make them some of our most effective.  Is it because of us?  No, it's because God promised us that when we were weak, He would be strong.

     Have you asked Him to be that for you today?
     God, please be strong for me, cause I am feeling weak.

     Words from a quote by Abraham Lincoln jumped off the page for me this week as I read something He said, "God bless my mother; all that I am or ever hope to be I owe to her."

     Do you know that if we are faithful now -- today -- this week -- then someday, the Bible tells us that our children will rise up and call us blessed?  That is the hope of what is to come . . . the reward that lies in the future.  Right now, we are to keep loving those sticky faces and hugging those grimy shoulders and believing God's best about each of our children even in the moments we feel like hope is only a distant glimmer.  Don't lose hope, our children's words may resonate with those of Abraham Lincoln someday IF we do not give up.

"Her children arise and call
her blessed; her husband also,
and he praises her."
Proverbs 31:28


No comments:

Post a Comment