Thursday, May 20, 2010

God's Amazing Creation


Do you ever get excited about all that God has made? I mean, really excited - fully in awe of our God and His amazing creation? I do, and sometimes I feel almost childish for the thrill I feel when I see birds, animals or or the scenery, but I can't help it. Creation connects with something that is very deep inside and I think God wants it to be that way.

I was recently blessed to have a time of solitude in a quiet place outdoors and I came away so refreshed. It was an intentional time, set aside to be quiet with God, enjoy His Creation and reflect on His Word. I know that time spent that way restores me in ways much deeper than a 'spa getaway' ever could. Oswald Chambers said, "If we are children of God, we have a tremendous treasure in nature and will realize that it is holy and sacred. We will see God reaching out to us in every wind that blows, every sunrise and sunset, every cloud in the sky, every flower that blooms and every leaf that fades." That is exactly what I feel like I have been learning - God reaches to us through all these things He has made.

In Genesis 1 we read that, "God created the heavens and the earth." Then in Psalms 24:1 it says, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." Later on in the Psalms, it tells us, "The whole earth is full of His glory." And in Isaiah, the earth is described as God's footstool. All these verses remind me that God has given us a very special gift in all that we are surrounded by, but it is our responsibility to take time and enjoy Him in it.
We cannot enjoy what we cannot see, and we cannot grow in relationships we do not invest in. If we want to be close to the Creator of our incredible earth, who happens to be our Heavenly Father, then it is going to take a real investment of effort and time ~ it will not happen automatically. But there is good news, we will always get back more than we could ever give out.
Experience your Creator and linger in His glory - He made it with you in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment